FASD The Course > Module 2: Effects of Alcohol on the Fetus > 2. Learning Objectives
Module 2: Effects of Alcohol on the Fetus
After completing Module 2, you should be able to:
- Identify at least three teratogenic (i.e., fetus harming) effects of alcohol.
- Describe how alcohol reaches the fetus.
- Name the three primary facial features that are indicative of fetal alcohol syndrome.
- Describe how alcohol affects different parts of the brain and the potential consequences.
- Name three conditions caused by prenatal alcohol exposure.
- Identify three signs of alcohol-related neurodevelopmental disorder.
- Identify three signs of alcohol-related birth defects.